AUTHENTIC AUTO BODY
Windshield & Auto Glass Repair
Want to work together?
A windshield is actually two sheets of glass held together by an inner layer of polyvinyl butyrate. If laminated glass on your vehicle is cracked, chipped, or shattered during a collision, repairing or replacing the damage is vital & critical for the safety of you and your passengers.
We ensure your damaged glass is returned to its pre-accident condition.
Windshields are made of laminated glass and designed to not shatter, but damage to your windshield weakens it and puts your vehicle’s occupants at higher risk of injury during an accident. Damage can also impair your vision. Authentic Auto Body makes quick work of auto glass replacement and windshield repair and replacement.
Trust us for all of your windshield and auto glass repair and replacement needs.
YOUR WINDSHIELD IS DAMAGED. NOW WHAT?
Give us a call. Depending on the condition of your windshield, you may be able to drive to us in Holliston, or we can arrange to tow your vehicle. If you need a rental, we’ve got you covered.
Windshield damage inspection
First, our certified mechanics will inspect your windshield to determine whether it can be repaired or needs replacing. Common types of windshield damage include:
- Chips, which almost always occur on the outer layer of the windshield. An unfixed chip can cause cracks to form, requiring a windshield replacement. Many chips are easily repairable—and once we do our job, you’ll never know your glass was damaged.
- Cracks, which can form on both laminate glass (your windshield) and tempered auto glass (your other windows.) Cracks can suddenly occur without any impact or other discernible cause. Common causes of cracks include poor auto glass installation and extreme temperature changes. Some cracks can be repaired, but others require windshield replacement.
If your windshield damage can be repaired, one of our experienced technicians will tackle the job using high quality polymer resins to fill in the rock chip or crack. Once the resin has set, we smooth the surface to make the repair nearly invisible.
If the damage to your windshield can’t be fixed, we’ll replace the whole thing. First, we’ll remove the trim and the old windshield. Then, we’ll clean out old adhesive, dirt, and debris from the frame and apply fresh adhesive. Finally, we’ll set the new windshield in place and give it an hour to set. Our technician will then inspect everything to ensure proper installation and optimal safety.
BROKEN AUTO GLASS? LEAVE IT TO AUTHENTIC AUTO BODY
Whether your windshield, side window, or back window has a hairline crack or a rock chip—or it’s simply gone, having met the wrong end of a tree limb—we’ll have you seeing clearly and driving safely again in no time with fast, expert auto glass replacement.
Auto glass damage assessment
Our certified mechanics will inspect the window damage and the structural integrity of the frame to determine whether it can be repaired. In most cases, your side windows will need to be replaced if they’re cracked or chipped. Repairing tempered glass windows isn’t a permanent fix like windshield repair.
Auto glass replacement
We can replace any auto glass on your vehicle, and we can fix mechanical problems and damage that prevent your windows from rolling up and down. Back window replacement is similar to front windshield replacement. To replace side windows, we’ll remove the door panel and any remaining glass, and insert the new glass. After testing the regulator to make sure the window rolls up and down properly, we’ll replace the door panel and send you on your way.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Do I need to repair or replace my windshield?
A few factors determine whether your windshield damage can be repaired, or if your whole windshield will need to be replaced. In general, it can be fixed if:
- The damage is smaller than the size of a quarter.
- Your windshield glass is in otherwise good shape, with few chips and pits.
- A crack doesn’t extend to the edge of the windshield.
- The windshield’s structural integrity is intact.
- The repair will still ensure the highest level of safety of the windshield.
- Does insurance cover windshield repair or replacement?
Comprehensive insurance policies generally cover windshield replacement, although you may have to meet your deductible before your benefits kick in.
- How much does windshield repair cost?
The cost of windshield repair depends on a host of factors, including the type of chip or crack, how many there are, their size or length, and the type of glass you have. In general, you can expect to pay anywhere from $60 to $125 or more to have your windshield fixed.
- How long does it take to repair a windshield chip?
In most cases, repairing a chip or crack on your windshield takes about a half hour.
- How long before I can drive after windshield crack repair?
As soon as your technician is finished with the repair and post-repair inspection, you can drive away.
- How long does windshield chip repair last?
Authentic Auto Body uses only the best quality tools and materials to repair your windshield cracks and chips, so you can expect repairs to last the lifetime of your windshield.
- How much does windshield replacement cost?
Windshield replacement costs depend on the make and model of your vehicle, the type of glass needed, and whether an ADAS camera is mounted on it. The cost may range from roughly $250 to $300 for a standard model and $350 to $450 for a luxury vehicle.
- How long does it take to replace a windshield?
Windshield replacement takes roughly an hour. We’ll let you know how long it’ll take once we inspect the damage.
- How soon can I drive after my windshield is replaced?
We recommend waiting an hour before driving your vehicle once your new windshield is in. This gives the adhesives time to set, ensuring a successful installation—and your safety.