AUTHENTIC AUTO BODY
Auto Body & Collision Repair
Accidents Happen. But now what?
At Authentic Auto Body & Collision, we know how scary accidents can be, and how stressful the process can be to have your vehicle repaired afterwards. That’s why we do things differently at Authentic Auto Body!
We’re here to turn your stressful situation into a positive experience!
File A Claim
Our skilled auto body appraisers assess your vehicle and give you an initial estimate based on visible damage.
We turn the initial estimate over to your insurance company and reach an agreement on the price of the repair. The collision repair contract will be between you and Authentic Auto Body.
Our auto repair mechanics take your vehicle apart and assess it for any additional damage, including structural damage. If we find significant damage once your car is disassembled, we’ll contact your insurance company for approval for supplemental repairs.
We order all of the parts we need to restore your vehicle to its pre-accident condition (or better!) Once all of the parts arrive, we begin the repair process.
We complete structural repairs first, and once the frame of your vehicle meets the original manufacturer’s specifications, we get cracking on repairing the body.
Our talented auto repair mechanics match, align, and install the new body parts, and your vehicle starts to look like itself again.
To make your car look like new inside and out, we detail it to remove any dust that may have accumulated during the repair stage. As a thank you, we also include a complimentary three stage buff, polish and wax.
Pre-Post Repair Scan & Recalibration
Before your car is returned to you, we transport it to the dealership, where specialists perform a post-repair scan. They recalibrate the codes and computer modules and ensure the vehicle’s safety and autonomous systems are functioning correctly. Once the car gets the green light, it’s all yours — you can pick it up at our auto body shop, or we can make arrangements to deliver it to you.
Auto Body & Auto Collision FAQs
What should I do right after a car accident?
First, assess yourself for injuries, then check on the wellbeing of any passengers and, if you can, the passengers in the other car. Whether or not anyone is injured, and even if the accident is minor, call 911. Then:
- Get to safety. If you can safely drive the car, pull to the side of the road. If not, leave it where it is. Turn off the engine and turn on your hazards. If you have flares, use them to alert other cars to slow down. Move yourself and others involved to a safe place, and wait for help to arrive.
- Exchange information. Both drivers should exchange information, including contact information, insurance policy details, driver’s license and license plate numbers, and the make, model, and color of the vehicles involved.
- Document the accident. Take pictures of both vehicles from different angles. You may need to share these with your insurance company. Talk to witnesses, and get their contact information. When the police arrive, get the names and badge numbers of the officers, and ask how you can get a copy of the accident report for insurance purposes.
- Call Authentic Auto Body. We’ll tow your vehicle to our auto repair shop. If it’s still driveable, you can drive straight to us, or we can come pick it up, compliments of the house.
File a claim. Call your insurance company, and start the claims process. We’ll take it from there.
Will my insurance policy cover my auto repair?
It depends on your policy and who is at fault in the accident. When you file a claim, your insurance provider will go over exactly what your policy will cover.
Can I get a rental or loaner car?
Depending on your insurance policy, you may have coverage for a rental or loaner car, and if you do, Authentic Auto Body has you covered. And if you do not we can still provide you a budget friendly rental car.
How do I find a good auto repair shop?
Authentic Auto Body is confident that we’re the best choice for all of your auto repair and auto body needs, but if you’d like to get a few estimates before you give us the go-ahead, here’s how to find a reputable auto body shop:
- Certification. Your auto body mechanic and the auto repair shop should be certified by the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE.)
- Ask about warranties. Does the auto repair shop guarantee its work with a written warranty? What does it cover, and how long does it last?
- Read the reviews. Reviews from sites like Yelp, Facebook, Womply, and Google can help you decide whether a collision repair shop is honest, skilled, and reputable.
- Trust your gut. Do you get good vibes from the shop? Is it clean and organized? Are the people friendly? Are they happy to answer your questions? If your intuition tells you to run, run.